Welcome to Schoofi - The app that allows you to share your thoughts, secrets, confessions, experiences, and feelings with others from Schoofi. ("Schoofi," "we," "us" or "our").
Through the Service, you can secretly share messages, pictures, gifs, compliments, and other content ("Posts") with certain other users of the Service. When you share a Post through the app, you are secretly sharing your Post with the school that you have stored on your mobile device each time you access our Service who also register with our Service (your "Friends"). We may also choose to feature certain Posts, in which case such Posts may be secretly shared with all users of the Service.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information about you when you sign up for our Service, make a Post, give feedback about the Service or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, mobile phone number and any other information you choose to provide. However, we hash your contacts email address and phone number before they leave your mobile device so we do not have access to that information. We may also collect information about you from other users of the Services (for eg. we may collect your contact details from other users if such details are stored on the user's mobile device). If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or certain features of the Service may be unavailable or work differently. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you. This information is solely used by us for debugging and analytical purposes (e.g., to enhance the Service), and it includes:
- 1. Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. This data is not stored, and only used to determine the version of your client in order to best visual experience.
- 2. Location Information: We may collect information about the general location of your Internet Service Provider based on your IP Address. If you allow Schoofi to access your location information, we may also collect your geolocation information.
- 3. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
- Provide and deliver the Service you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Schoofi and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service and improve and personalize the Service;
- Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Connect you with other users in your Contacts.
Storage of Information
Schoofi may require access to your device and the phone state viz. android.permission.CAMERA, android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE, android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS, Wallets etc. All of this is to help in performing your activities as provided by Schoofi.
Sharing of Information
- With other users of the Service (including some whom may not be your contacts) by providing them with your secret Posts and your general location (if you have enabled us to collect your location).
We may also share information (which may at times include personal information) about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Schoofi assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If the content of a Post can reasonably be considered illegal or unlawful (or it seems like the Post is being used to engage in, encourage or promote such activities), in which case we may report your identity to proper authorities in order to protect the rights, property and safety of Schoofi, our users and/or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Email, Text Message And Push Notifications
If you provide us your email address, Schoofi may send you administrative messages (such as updates) relating to the Services or to respond to communications from you. By maintaining a Schoofi account, you acknowledge and agree that you may receive e-mail, text messages or push notifications on your phone or mobile communications device from Schoofi. The receipt of such messages may cause you to incur usage charges or other fees or costs in accordance with your wireless or data service plan. Any and all such charges, fees, or costs are your sole responsibility. You should consult with your wireless carrier to determine what rates, charges, fees, or costs may apply.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality and performance of our mobile software on your phone. This software may collect, store and use information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. This software may share information it collects with other third parties as part of providing the analytics services and to comply with applicable laws.
Sharing Personal Information
Schoofi neither rents nor sells your Personal Information to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Information as described below.
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them in order to provide aspects of our Services to you. Some examples of services for which we may use agents include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. These agents may use Personal Information we share with them, for example, to assist us, to provide their services to you and/or us, and to measure and improve the performance of their services. You hereby consent to our sharing of information about you (which may include Personal Information) for such purposes.
If Schoofi or some of its assets were acquired, user information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Schoofi may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Services of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, such as complying with a subpoena or other legal process; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Schoofi, our employees, our users, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests.
Editing Information And Deleting My Account
You have access to update passwords and to change personalization settings. This list will change as the Services change.
You may request deletion of your Schoofi account by emailing email@example.com. Please note that certain information may remain in our records, server logs and archives after deletion of your account. Schoofi retains this information for purposes such as diagnosing problems with the service and for auditing legal investigations, but reserves the right to delete this information in accordance with its standard business practices in effect from time to time. Further, information and other content you have provided may remain visible elsewhere to the extent such content was copied or stored by other users.
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Retention of Personal Information